NextGen Leader Award Criteria and Guidelines
The NextGen Leader Award recognizes up to 40 members per year that embody the essence of the ALA Code of Ethics through their accomplishments, their leadership qualities and the impact they are making on their legal organization, the legal industry and the Association.
Recipients of the NextGen Leader Award demonstrate conviction, dedication and relentless pursuit of personal and professional excellence through their engagement, advancement and influence in early interactions with the Association of Legal Administrators. Examples of this impact may include volunteering to support an initiative, activity, or event-related program or project at the ALA chapter or international level; joining a committee or task force; serving as a chapter officer; recruiting new members; or introducing innovative new ideas to elevate the visibility and relevancy of the Association at the chapter and/or international level.
To be considered for the NextGen Leader Award, a candidate must:
- Be an ALA member in good standing.
- Be a first-time member of ALA (not someone who has rejoined).
- Have been a member for more than one but less than five years.
- New to legal management, new to the legal industry or under the age of 40 at the time of nomination.
- Abide by the ALA Code of Ethics.
Nominations for this recognition should be submitted using the entry from and will be accepted from any ALA member in good standing. Self-nomination is permitted.
The Awards Program Project Team will use established criteria to evaluate each submission.
The NextGen Leader Awards will be presented at the Association Awards Gala. Recipients will not be notified in advance of the Association Awards Gala announcement.
All entries should be submitted using the entry form and are due by January 2, 2020.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this award.
Terms and Conditions
- All submissions are final. No additions or changes are permitted to the entry after receipt by ALA headquarters.
- All entries become property of ALA.
- ALA may reproduce, reprint or highlight the entry either in full or in part in its communications and/or at its events.
- ALA reserves and exercises the right to verify the accuracy of the entry. Supplying inaccurate information may lead to disqualification.
- Awards will be presented only to entrants in good standing.