Legal Management Magazine
Legal Management reports on topics within ALA’s five knowledge areas: Legal Industry/Business Management; Human Resources Management; Financial Management; Communications and Organizational Management; and Operations Management.
November/December: On the Cover
Does Your Firm Know When It’s at Risk of Losing Employees?
Here’s a tough but critically important question: Does your firm know when it’s at risk of losing its employees? As many companies are finding out, the Great Resignation isn’t just a new buzzy phrase — it’s here, it’s happening and it seems no industry is immune. In fact, one survey found that 55% of workers anticipate looking for a new job this year, with flexibility being a key driver. The pandemic shifted priorities for many, and they aren’t eager to go back to the way things have been. Read more.
Finding the Positives in Challenging Times
As we enter the latter months of year two of the pandemic, individuals, businesses and entire communities are adjusting, pivoting and reimagining work and home life. For many law firms, work transitions and changes during the pandemic have yielded insights, new policies and positive outcomes — even during the most uncertain and difficult times. Read more.
How Legal Organizations Can Restructure Their Culture and Adapt to Changing Norms
It’s no secret that law firms are typically traditional when it comes to culture. They may have set working hours every day and are not as flexible as other companies. They might encourage competition, expect lawyers and staff to give their all to their jobs, and not be concerned about burnout, even though it’s quite common. As of late, legal organizations find themselves in new territory — having to adapt to changes. If they don’t, they risk losing valuable employees to their competitors. Read more.
Making an Impact in a Whirlwind of Change
How to Spot the Early Signs of a Ransomware Attack — and Take Action
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them: Why Pronouns Matter
We Flip for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Earn CE Credit
As of April 2021, Legal Management is no longer publishing new CE courses. Check out our archived courses below. They are still available!
Members and nonmembers can read the article, then log in to take a test (members pay $49; nonmembers pay $69). If you pass with at least 70 percent, you will earn one CE credit hour. The goal is to help CLMs get the credits they need for recertification, but some will also count toward SHRM, HRCI or CPE credit.
- Click here to read “Making Mental Health Matter” and earn one credit hour in human resources management.
- Click here to read “Where Are Your Markers” and earn one credit hour in self-management skills.
- Click here to read “Leading Through Change” and earn one credit hour in organizational development.
- Click here to read “Building a Better Budget” and earn one credit hour in financial management.
- Click here to read “Cyber Risk Management: The Vital Role of Legal Management Professionals” and earn one credit hour in operations management.
- Click here to read “A Lesson in Leadership for Legal Management Professionals” and earn one credit hour in communications and organizational management.
- Click here to
read “The Risk of Idolizing False Profits;” and earn one credit hour in financial management.
- Click here to read “Responding to a Request for Proposal: Time, Money, People and the Law” and earn one credit hour in writing skills.
- Click here to read “How to Ethically Oversee Trust Accounts,” and to earn one credit hour in financial management.
- Click here to read “Confronting Addiction in the Law Firm,” and to earn one credit hour in substance abuse.
- Click here to read “The Ever-Evolving World of Legal Ethics,” and to earn one credit hour in ethics.