Meet Your Online Community
Your private, members-only ALA Online Community is one of the most appreciated benefits of ALA membership. Connect with other members, share ideas, ask questions and build your network. Here’s what you can expect:
- Single sign-on using your ALA membership login credentials.
- Groups tailored to your special interests.
- Familiar, intuitive and user-friendly social media interface.
- Easier-to-find attachments in the Resources tab.
- Robust search within the Community.
- Enhanced search results on alanet.org that includes community content.
The platform offers upgraded capabilities, including:
- Direct-message another member or multiple members using the @ feature. If the member isn’t currently active in the community, they will receive an email notification.
- Generate a poll for your group.
- Conduct committee or group meetings, discussions and presentations directly in the community environment through the video meeting capability.
- Select content tags to follow and receive alerts in your digest email.
- Easily view your most recent activities, shown in your profile.
- Download the app and take the ALA Online Community with you on your phone or tablet. (Search your app store for Tradewing and look for the 3 lavender leaves logo.)
Be sure to read the Community Code of Conduct, and become familiar with the Antitrust Guide and the ALA Nonsolicitation Policy.
Reference Frequently Asked Questions for more information and check out the how-to video below!
Search the platform's knowledge base for answers to specific inquiries.
Contact [email protected] for assistance.
What members are saying:
This is going to be a HUGE improvement over what we've had before. I love it! — Jill M. O'Connell, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
The search function is intuitive...I felt right away that this platform is more user-friendly than the last platform. I really like that the notification settings were easy to find as I remember having trouble with finding these settings on the last platform. — Shannon Crossley
I have used the former communities to upload documents, etc., and this layout is so much easier to manipulate. Love! — Melissa Hirst, MSLA
I think this will be an incredible resource for ALA members, and one I will likely use much more than the current ALA Online Community. — Elyssa A. Goldstein, CLM, PHR, SHRM-CP