Upcoming Webinars (LIVE)
Upcoming as well as on-demand online courses and webinars are available in Elevate, ALA’s learning management system. Watch this short video for how to find, register for and participate in webinars through the system.
Most webinars are $29 for members and $79 for non-members. Each registration is for one attendee. CLM credit can be received for ALA live or on-demand webinars and many webinars have been approved for HRCI and SHRM recertification credits. See each webinar description for specifics.
Any questions should be directed to [email protected].
Lateral hiring is laden with risk — astronomical costs, possible disenfranchisement of associates and partners, and high attrition (50%) among lateral hires within five years. Additionally, the pandemic has many firms in a risk-adverse, wait-and-see holding pattern, including hiring freezes.
This webinar will occur on April 21st at 2 pm CST.
- Recognize how to capitalize on the pandemic and see why lateral hiring now is ideal.
- Identify modern strategies for finding lateral hires who are the right fit.
- Discover the secrets of executive recruiters.
- Apply approaches that search firms use to identify lateral-hire candidates who would be ideal fits.
- Educational Category: Human Resources
- 60 Minutes
- Audience: Intermediate
- CLM App Management Category: Organizational Development
- CLM Recertification Eligible: Yes
Kristine Sexter is President of WorkWise. She is an award-winning industrial and organizational consultant who has devoted more than 22 years to creating exceptional workplaces. With an extensive background in recruiting, developing and retaining top talent, Sexter expertly serves the legal, manufacturing, health care and human resources industries with acclaimed results. Renowned for high-energy, exceptionally interactive programs, Sexter delivers innovative and solution-filled programs to her clients and audiences.
Law firms need to orchestrate various security layers to protect themselves from malicious actors. Listen in to learn about the risks, threats and vulnerabilities the legal industry faces, as well as common myths about cyberattacks.
This webinar will occur on May 5, 2021 at 2 pm CST
● Recognize how to properly secure your firm following the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework.
● Identify who the threat actors are, along with their objectives and goals, to know what assets to protect and why.
● Explain layered security, different security controls, the onion model and how they all correlate with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
● Prepare for cyberattacks and evaluate the security layers you currently have in place.
Educational Category: Operation Management
60 MinutesCLM App Management Category: Operations Management
CLM Recertification Eligible: Yes
HRCI: General Credit
SHRM Learning Format: Instructor-Led Activity
CLE: Participatory Credit
Tom Kirkham is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of IronTech Security, which provides cybersecurity defense systems. He focuses on educating and encouraging organizations to establish a security-first environment with cybersecurity training programs for all workers to prevent successful attacks. Kirkham brings more than three decades of software design, network administration, computer security and cybersecurity knowledge to organizations throughout the country. He has received multiple software design awards and has founded other acclaimed technology businesses.
It’s not enough to aim for increased diversity. Organizations only fully realize the benefits of diverse teams when they eliminate bias and forge a culture of inclusion. These factors are shown to increase engagement, which influences profitability, team morale and retention. People working in inclusive workplaces also tend to have better physical and mental health. This engaging and energizing webinar discusses how bias is affecting us at work. And it highlights the latest research on how to limit the effect of bias and ensure that your office is inclusive, including practical advice for running inclusive meetings, giving nonbiased feedback and hosting inclusive work events.
This webinar will occur on June 2, 2021 at 2 pm CST.Objectives:• Define the term unconscious bias.• Recognize how conscious inclusion will help your firm better achieve its goals.• Practice perspective-taking exercises to recognize distinct challenges that diverse employees face.• Identify five ways to identify and check your biases.
Level: IntermediateSpeakerSybil Dunlop (she/her/hers) is a national thought leader on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). She founded her law firm’s DEI practice; publishes research in the field; and teaches award-winning DEI programming. In recognition of her efforts, Minnesota Lawyer selected Dunlop as a Diversity & Inclusion Honoree in 2018, and the Hennepin County Bar Association awarded her its Excellence Award for Advancing Diversity and Inclusion in 2019. Dunlop attended Smith College and Vanderbilt University Law School, where she graduated Order of the Coif.Other Information:• Educational Category: HR
• 60 Minutes
• CLM App Management Category: Human resources Management
• CLM Recertification Eligible: Yes• HRCI credit
• SHRM Learning Format: Instructor-Led Activity