Upcoming Webinars (LIVE)
Webinars are 60 minute, instructor-led sessions on a single topic. Webinars are produced on a wide variety of topics and for differing levels of experience. Most webinars are $29 for members and $79 for non-members. Each registration is for one attendee. CLM credit can be received for ALA live or on-demand webinars and many webinars have been approved for HRCI and SHRM recertification credits. See each webinar description for specifics.
Let’s be honest: Isn’t most legal lingo boring? You know, “The party of the first part doth comprehend...”. Now it’s true that legal documents and information must be concise, but does that have to mean dull?
Not necessarily. There are ways to make any law office’s materials — articles, newsletters, case studies, web content and much more — far more interesting, while still meeting legal requirements. See some before and after examples of content creation and learn more about what to institute at your firm to generate “factual but fascinating” materials.
- Define your role within the legal content creation process.
- Describe the importance of tailoring legal content to suit the needs and expectations of different audiences.
- Demonstrate how to conduct a review and approval procedure for legal content.
- Apply the knowledge of approval processes to ensure compliance with internal quality standards.
- Develop strategies to make legal materials more interesting while meeting legal requirements.
- Recognize how to combine various techniques and insights to create compelling legal content that remains legally sound.
$29 for members and $79 for nonmembers
This course will take place December 13 at 2 p.m. Central.
This course is eligible for one (1) CLM credit in the following categories:
CLM® Application Credit: 1 hour(s) of Writing Skills
CLM® Application Credit for Functional Specialists: N/A
CLM® Recertification Credit: 1 hour(s) in the subject area of Communications & Organizational Management (CM)
SHRM: 1.0 PDC
*Please contact [email protected] for information regarding continuing education credit.
Wendy J. Meyeroff, Founder and President of WM Communications, has been a creator of print and online materials for both business (B2B) and consumer (B2C) audiences and the presenter of in-person classes and webinars for almost 30 years. Besides writing for ALA’s Legal Management magazine, her collaborations — especially in health, tech and the ever-exploding senior market — include CBS, Sears, Merck, the NIH, Apple, Senior Wire News and Erickson Living. She is also creator of the short e-book on web design and content: Web 1.0.