Upcoming International SIG Webcast
Tuesday, January 26, 10 a.m. Central
Join this conversation about the effects of the pandemic on law firms around the world. Moderator Kathy Scourby, CBCP will lead a panel of legal management professionals in a discussion of the effects COVID-19 has had on their firms and the legal industry, as well as its economic impacts.
• Luiz Felipe Perrone dos Reis, Managing Partner of Reis Advogados in Brazil
• Andrew Barnes, Chief Executive Officer of The Lantern Legal Group in Australia (and a Past President of the Australasian Legal Practice Management Association)
• Jon Calder, Chief Executive Officer of Tompkins Wake in New Zealand
• Hanim Hamzah, Regional Managing Partner of ZICO Law Network in Singapore
• Teresa J. Walker, Chief Operating Officer Emeritus of Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, in Tennessee (and a Past President of ALA)
Register now. (A recording will be available online shortly after the webcast airs.)
Introducing ALA's new International Shared Interest Group (SIG)
Recent International SIG Activity
Webcast: Data Protection and Privacy Laws in Nigeria and Brazil
Thursday, October 1
We all know that data protection and privacy are critical issues worldwide. No matter where your firm is, you need to be mindful of how you use and protect client data. Following Europe’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), many countries adopted their own data protection regulations. This webcast featured experts from Brazil and Nigeria who talked about the laws in their countries and provided advice for handling sensitive client data.
Alexandre Atheniense, Founding Partner of Alexandre Atheniense Advogados, which has practiced technology law for 30 years in São Paulo, Belo Horizonte and Brasilia, Brazil.
Ibiwunmi Adeyeri, Senior Counsel at Adepetun, Caxton-Martins, Agbor & Segun in Lagos, Nigeria. She specializes in data compliance and corporate and regulatory advisory services.
Virtual Q&A session with ALA's International Relations Committee
Thursday, August 6
View the recording of that meeting.