Introducing ALA's new International Shared Interest Group (SIG)
Upcoming SIG Webcast
Cybersecurity in Law Firms
Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 9 a.m. Central
Join this panel discussion about cybersecurity in law firms around the globe. Moderator David Constantine, Compliance Projects Manager at Logical Computer Solutions and ALA Past President, will lead a panel of legal cybersecurity professionals in a discussion of issues related to cybersecurity and what you can do to keep your firm ahead of the threats.
• Oyin Eva Johnson, Associate at ACAS-Law, focused on technology law, in Lagos, Nigeria
• Jose Maldonado Stark, Partner at Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti in the Dominican Republic
• Jay Nogle, Chief Information Officer of Greenberg Traurig, LLP, in Miami, Florida
• Patricia Peck, Partner and Head of Digital/Cyber Law at PG Advogados in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Recent International SIG Activity
Webcast: Consequences of the Pandemic in Law Firms
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Listen to this conversation about the effects of the pandemic on law firms around the world. Moderator Kathy Scourby, CBCP led a panel of legal management professionals in a discussion of the effects COVID-19 has had on their firms and the legal industry, as well as its economic impacts.
• Luiz Felipe Perrone dos Reis, Managing Partner of Reis Advogados in Brazil
• Andrew Barnes, Chief Executive Officer of The Lantern Legal Group in Australia (and a Past President of the Australasian Legal Practice Management Association)
• Jon Calder, Chief Executive Officer of Tompkins Wake in New Zealand
• Hanim Hamzah, Regional Managing Partner of ZICO Law Network in Singapore
• Teresa J. Walker, Chief Operating Officer Emeritus of Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, in Tennessee (and a Past President of ALA)
Webcast: Data Protection and Privacy Laws in Nigeria and Brazil
Thursday, October 1, 2020
We all know that data protection and privacy are critical issues worldwide. No matter where your firm is, you need to be mindful of how you use and protect client data. Following Europe’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), many countries adopted their own data protection regulations. This webcast featured experts from Brazil and Nigeria who talked about the laws in their countries and provided advice for handling sensitive client data.
Alexandre Atheniense, Founding Partner of Alexandre Atheniense Advogados, which has practiced technology law for 30 years in São Paulo, Belo Horizonte and Brasilia, Brazil.
Ibiwunmi Adeyeri, Senior Counsel at Adepetun, Caxton-Martins, Agbor & Segun in Lagos, Nigeria. She specializes in data compliance and corporate and regulatory advisory services.
Virtual Q&A session with ALA's International Relations Committee
Thursday, August 6, 2020
View the recording of that meeting.