About the Association of Legal Administrators
ALA is the premier professional association connecting leaders and managers within the legal industry. We provide extensive professional development, collaborative peer communities, strategic operational solutions, and business partner connections empowering our members to lead the business of law. ALA is a non-profit 501(c)(6) organization.
Founded in 1971, ALA provides support to professionals involved in the management of law firms, corporate legal departments and government legal agencies.
ALA’s Networking, Knowledge and Resources focus on delivering innovative opportunities, on-demand education and tools, and expert guidance.
- ALA Online Community
- Annual Conference & Expo
- Specialty conferences on cutting-edge topics
- Virtual Member Meetups
- E-learning and web-based courses
- Certified Legal Manager (CLM)® program
- Annual Compensation and Benefits Survey
- Legal Management digital magazine
- Legal Management Talk podcasts
- BOLD Bites weekly e-newsletter
- Monthly specialty and general topic webinars
- Solutions Series complimentary webcasts
- ALA's history
- Career Center and Job Bank
- Online Member Directory and Find a Chapter
- Mobile apps for ALA events and education
- Value in Partnership (VIP)SM program, with exclusive discounts for members through our business partners
- Legal Management annual print edition
- Job Description Toolkit
- White papers focused on critical areas in the business of law
- Legal Management Resource Hub organized by functional area
BOLD Bites— ALA's Weekly Member Newsletter
BOLD stands for "Business of Law Discussions," a source for quick industry thought leadership and more.
Legal Management Magazine
Legal Management reports on topics within ALA’s five knowledge areas:
- Legal Industry/Business Management
- Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Communications and Organizational Management
- Operations Management.
Certified Legal Manager (CLM)® Certification Program
ALA's CLM credential demonstrates a mastery of the 65 competencies needed to excel as a legal manager. It earns you the recognition you deserve. ALA is the only place you can earn your CLM designation! More information and application materials.
The Foundation of the Association of Legal Administrators is the educational, charitable and research affiliate of ALA.