Organizational Pricing Program
Organizational Pricing is a dues model that’s based on the total number of attorneys across an entire organization, including all office locations in any country. It delivers better value for organizations of all sizes and offers the new ability to extend ALA membership to all legal management professionals who can benefit from ALA’s resources — without any additional dues payment required.
The enrollment window for current ALA members is open from August 1–September 30 each year. Organizations with no current ALA membership representation may enroll throughout the membership term.
2023 enrollment is only open for organizations with no current ALA members. 2023 enrollment for current members is now closed but 2024 enrollment will be open from August 1, 2023 - September 2023.
How will this new option benefit your organization? Here are some of the top features:
- May save your organization money compared to individual membership dues investment.
- Allows you to extend ALA member benefits to an unlimited number of employees.
- Expands your organization’s professional development program by including ALA resources.
- Supports development of next-generation leaders.
- Creates efficiency through a single payment by the organization.
ALA membership and what it includes for each individual is exactly the same under organizational pricing — membership belongs to the individual and follows them for the yearlong membership term. For example, if your membership dues are paid through organizational pricing and you change employers, even if the new organization is not participating in the program, your membership will automatically revert to an individual membership for the remainder of the year. Your employer also benefits by retaining the ability to add a new person at any time throughout the term.
Here are examples of how to determine if organizational pricing is right for you and your organization:
Example 1: Organization currently has 350 attorneys and 10 potential ALA members at a dues cost of $439 each, equal to a current annual investment of $4,390. Per Dues Table, based on organization type and attorney count, the new investment is $3,199, saving $1,191 and allowing unlimited added employee members.
Example 2: Organization currently has 5 attorneys and 1 potential ALA member at a dues cost of $439 annually. Per Dues Table, based on organization type and attorney count, the new dues rate is $399, saving $40 and offering the ability to add additional members at any point throughout the term.
If saving money and/or offering great professional development opportunities at your organization sounds like a winning opportunity, please contact us to learn how to join ALA through Organizational Pricing.
Interested in enrolling? Here are a few more details:
- Upon enrollment, ALA requests your information to link all organization's locations.
- Primary contact person identified will act as the administrator for the entire organization.
- Organizational dues billing is distributed to your billing contact.
- Participating organizations pay a single dues rate for an unlimited number of members.
- Roster of locations and members based on current membership data is visible to primary contact logged in through ALA Profile on alanet.org.
- Primary contact regularly reviews roster, confirms locations and members and invites new employees to join.
Please contact ALA Member Services via [email protected] or 847-267-1585 if we can assist you.
Organizational Pricing is a dues model that’s based on the number of attorneys within an entire organization (i.e., all office locations, including international, of an organization = "entire organization"). It’s meant to deliver better value for membership and to encourage organizations to extend ALA membership to all legal management professionals who can benefit from ALA’s offerings. Please visit the FAQs page for more information on this opportunity to support your organization's professional development efforts by bringing ALA membership to an expanded group of legal management professionals within your entire organization for one annual dues cost.
In this model, all qualified employees of an organization are eligible to become ALA members at no additional cost to the organization. Individuals may choose to join ALA under an Individual Pricing model if their employer is not enrolled in Organizational Pricing or if they prefer to do so.
Chapter membership is always optional and is not included as part of the organizational pricing program.
Read ALA Organizational Pricing: Terms and Conditions.
- Your membership is yours and will remain active for the remainder of the year even if you leave your organization, or your employment status changes for any reason.
- There is no budget impact around adding a second, third, fourth, etc. member, nor are there any issues in transferring membership when an employee leaves the organization.
- There is nothing about this program that impacts membership at the chapter level, which is always optional.
- It offers your organization a ready-made transition plan, as you can use ALA resources to develop your next leaders.
- It supports your organization’s professional development program and casts a broader net (diverse talent offers diverse development) for the firm and for you.
Organizational Pricing Program dues are based on international attorney count and organization type.
Lawyer counts are full-time-equivalent (FTE) figures for the most recent calendar year. Temporary and contract attorneys are not included. Retired partners and of counsel are not counted unless they are earning revenue for the organization.
- Law Firm (U.S. and International)
- Chapter Management Company/Management Consultant
- Nonprofit Organization
- Bar Association
- Government Legal Department/Judicial Agency/Court
- Corporate Legal Department
2023 Organizational Dues Table:
|International Attorney Count||Group 1||Group 2|
|0 to 14||$399||$199|
|15 to 24||$499||$219|
|25 to 34||$599||$249|
|35 to 49||$799||$299|
|50 to 74||$1,099||$349|
|75 to 99||$1,399||$399|
|100 to 149||$1,799||$499|
|150 to 199||$2,199||$599|
|200 to 299||$2,699||$699|
|300 to 399||$3,199||$699|
|400 to 499||$3,699||$699|
|500 to 699||$4,399||$699|
|700 to 899||$5,099||$699|
|900 to 999||$5,799||$699|
|1000 to 1299||$6,599||$699|
|1300 to 1599||$7,399||$699|
|1600 to 1999||$8,299||$699|
|2000 to 2999||$9,299||$699|
|3000 to 3999||$10,299||$699|
Individual dues are $439 for individuals employed by law firms, corporate legal departments and consultants.
Organizational Pricing is available to all current members during the annual enrollment period of August 1 through September 30. Current members who wish to enroll at any other time during the year and have missed the enrollment window must wait until the next term's enrollment period.
Organizations that currently have no membership representation at ALA may enroll at any time. Contact [email protected] or call 847-267-1585 for more information.