Intellectual Property Conference for Legal Management Professionals Planning Committee
Description: ALA’s Intellectual Property Conference for Legal Management Professionals is the premier IP-focused forum for administrators working in a legal practice setting. The committee will work with ALA staff and any contracted third-party vendor to plan the agenda and secure speakers for this two-day event.
Composition: The volunteer positions will include a Chair, plus two to three members each having experience working in a legal practice setting focused on intellectual property. A board and staff liaison will also be assigned to the committee.
Term: The term runs from September 2023 through the post-event report submission (approximately 30 to 45 days after the event).
Note: The event dates have not yet been confirmed but it is expected to take place in September or October 2024. The location is also TBD.
Expectations and Responsibilities: This committee will begin its planning in October 2023 and meet virtually as necessary until the conclusion of the event, including the submission of the post-event report. Committee members are expected to attend and participate in the event and share observations and experiences — including any concerns, successes, future considerations and recommendations — with the Board of Directors.
- Must have attended at least one ALA conference, ideally a prior Intellectual Property Conference for Legal Management Professionals.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to representing the values, mission and strategic direction of ALA.
- Commitment to adhering to the ALA Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Statement.
- Continued commitment to professional development and advancing the mission of ALA.
- Commitment to identifying innovative, engaging, real-world business content that appeals to those adult learners and professionals working in a legal practice setting focused on intellectual property.
- Commitment to ensuring that CLM® and other continuing education credits are offered, whenever possible.
- Commitment to delivering creative networking opportunities.
ALA Headquarters Liaison: Nicole Larson, CAE