FM 2 Course: Financial Information & AnalysisRegister Now
Completing both FM 1 and FM 2 courses gives you access to the Legal Management Finance Specialist Certificate Program. Click the link to learn more.Do the complexities of financial information and analysis keeping you up at night? This interactive, online program will focus on the budgeting, financial reporting, analysis of cash flow, model building, and variance within a law firm. You will be guided to apply the skills gained in the course by interpreting financial statements, calculating and interpreting various financial ratios, conducting profit analyses, and analyzing comparative financial information across fiscal years. Case studies, lectures, videos, readings, and assessments will be used. Topics include automated financial management systems, alternative fee arrangements, financial controls, computer-based tools for financial analysis and management, client matter budgeting, and electronic billing. The following is an outline of the topics:
- Week 1: Automated Systems
- Week 2: Financial Methods & Investments
- Week 3: Financial Analysis Methods
- Week 4: Budgeting & Variance Analysis
- Week 5: AFAs
- Week 6: e-Tools & Billing
The live Zoom lessons will be held on Tuesdays from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Central Time.
These lessons will also be recorded for on-demand access.
Course TextbookA textbook is NOT required for this course. All reading materials will be provided.
Meet minimum course requirements and earn 6 hours of credit towards your CLM application or recertification requirements, which are:
- Functional Specialists: 18 hours in Financial Management
- CLM Recertification: 18 hours in Financial Management
Course RequirementsEach course has a start and end date. To receive the course completion certificate and CLM credits, all weekly assignments must be completed and quizzes passed with a score of 70% or higher by the last day of the course.
FM 2 will be held between October 12 - November 16, 2021.
All cancellations must be made in writing and submitted via email to [email protected]. The following cancellation fee scales will apply:
- After registration but prior to 50% penalty date: $125 fee
- Four weeks before start of the course: 50% of fee paid
- Two weeks before the start of the course and thereafter: No refund