Standards Review Committee
Description: This committee is responsible for the maintenance and interpretation of the Uniform Process Based Management System (UPBMS) Code Set. For more information on the UPBMS, click here. Specifically, the committee will:
- Coordinate the solicitation of public comments regarding the UPBMS.
- Review and consider feedback on UPBMS.
- Modify the UPBMS, following guidelines established under the ALA’s Standards Setting Procedures.
- Provide interpretations of the UPBMS, based on committee consensus.
- Support and promote the implementation of the UPBMS across the industry.
Committee Size: Up to 7
Term: 3 years (inaugural terms will vary to created staggered term schedule)
Eligibility: Membership on the committee is open to anyone in the legal management community with a stake or interest in the development of industry standards, including representatives from law firms, corporate legal departments, legal management consultants, and business partners. Knowledge of or experience with standards setting is helpful, but not required.
In-Person Meetings & Expectations: The committee will meet at least twice each year. One meeting will be a face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the ALA Annual Conference & Expo. The second meeting (and any others that may be called) may be conducted via conference calls or other electronic media as appropriate.
Call for Volunteers: Summer
Selections Made: Fall
ALA Headquarters Liaison: Oliver Yandle, JD