Legal Management Magazine
Legal Management reports on topics within ALA’s five knowledge areas: Legal Industry/Business Management; Human Resources Management; Financial Management; Communications and Organizational Management; and Operations Management.
March: On the Cover
Keeping on Track with Key Performance Indicators
Moving your firm forward wit KPIs can give you a better snapshot of your firm's overall health.
In the age of big data, firms must be serious about using data to fuel their growth and adapt to the ever-changing business landscape. One essential way to use data to drive decision-making is to establish key performance
Effective Employee Engagement
According to Gallup’s 2017 State of the American Workplace report, a mere 33 percent of U.S. employees revealed that they are engaged. In addition, only 21 percent of employees said they strongly agree that their performance is managed in a fashion that motivates them to do outstanding work. So if your firm employees are getting their work done, do you really need to focus on their level of motivation and engagement? The answer is a resounding yes. Read more.
Equipping Your Firm for the Opportunites of Blockchain
2019 Annual Conference & Expo Exhibitors
Why Combo Life Insurance/Long-Term Care Products Might Be the Best Option
Global Legal Hackathon Lands in Chicago
Tips and Trends
Transform Billing Processes to Improve Your Firm's Bottom Line
Earn CE Credit
Members and nonmembers can read the article, then log in to take a test (members pay $49; nonmembers pay $69). If you pass with at least 70 percent, you will earn one CE credit hour. The goal is to help CLMs get the credits they need for recertification, but it will also count toward SHRM, HRCI or CPE credit.
- Click here to read “The Risk of Idolizing False Profits“ and earn one credit hour in financial management.
- Click here to read “Responding to Requests for Proposals: Time, Money, People and the Law“ and earn one credit hour in writing skills.
- Click here to read “How to Ethically Oversee Trust Accounts,” and to earn one credit hour in financial management.
- Click here to read “Confronting Addiction in the Law Firm,” and to earn one credit hour in substance abuse.
- Click here to read “The Ever Evolving World of Legal Ethics,” and to earn one credit hour in ethics.