Combined Association and Regional Nominating Committee
Description: The Combined Association and Regional Nominating Committee is charged with selecting individuals to fill upcoming vacancies on the ALA Board of Directors and Regional Leadership Teams. This includes:
- 2019-20 ALA President-Elect
- Regional Representatives
This committee will also identify alternates for each role should the need arise.
In-Person Meetings / Expectations: Committee members are responsible for reviewing volunteer applications, conducting due diligence calls and actively participating in a face-to-face meeting scheduled for November 15-18, 2018, as well as any necessary conference calls leading up to that meeting. The work of this committee will begin in late September and culminate with the meeting in November.
Ideal committee members will possess the following traits:
- The ability to provide thoughtful input in a timely manner
- Exceptional interviewing, communication, and due diligence skills
- The ability to provide thoughtful feedback in a respectful manner to applicants
- The ability to remain focused, objective, and supportive while building consensus
- A basic understanding of ALA’s governance structure
- Respect for the importance of confidentiality throughout the process
Committee members will also be required to familiarize themselves with various ALA policies and procedures as well as position descriptions for the roles. Service on the committee is open to any regular member.
Eligibility: Except for the currently-seated President, President-Elect and Immediate Past President, committee members cannot be currently serving on the Board of Directors or as a Regional Representative, nor can they be considered candidates for President-Elect, the Board of Directors, or Regional Representative positions during their term on the committee. Except for the currently-seated President, President-Elect and Immediate Past President, committee members shall not have served on the Board of Directors during the three years prior to appointment to the committee.
Call for volunteers: Spring
Selections made: Summer
ALA Headquarters Liaison: Nicole Larson