2016 Law Firm Management Essentials
August 24-26, 2016
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
ALA’s Law Firm Management Essentials is a must attend three-day course for those new to the legal administrator role.
Improve Your Firm’s Performance by Taking Your Skills to the Next Level
This leadership development program is designed for those with recently acquired or significantly expanded law firm management responsibilities. It also is appropriate for experienced functional leaders who need a broader perspective on firm operations. Legal professionals who want to develop a more comprehensive perspective and sharpen their human resources, financial, operational and leadership skills will benefit most from this program.
With engaging content geared to those with up to five years of experience, you will receive:
- Vital knowledge for legal management professionals
- Hot topics relating to the legal industry
- A faculty of seasoned experts
- Ample peer-to-peer networking opportunities
- CLM application credits
- CLE, CPE, HRCI and SHRM credits
The following is the schedule for the Law Firm Management Essentials course. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Tuesday, August 23 — 6–8 p.m. Meet your fellow attendees for a casual, come when you can, pay on your own networking reception at Level Two Restaurant located on the second floor of the Hyatt.
- Wednesday, August 24 — 7 a.m.–5 p.m. *
- Thursday, August 25 — 7 a.m.–5 p.m. *
- Friday, August 26 — 7a.m.–4:30 p.m. *
* Schedule subject to change
The target audience is principal administrators with up to five years of experience or functional specialists that want to broaden their skills.“I highly recommend attending Law Firm Management Essentials. There are many facets to managing a law firm, and this course gave an intuitive overview of each. It covered a wealth of important, beneficial, and practical material. The return on investment will continue through the years and as I grow in my role as a leader at my firm.” — Jessica Diede, Minnesota Chapter, member since 2015
“I found the course extremely beneficial. As an administrator, I find that I need to know a lot about each area of firm operations, and this course provided that information. It was also helpful to hear from others about their experience and what works for them in their firms.” — Tania Freeman, Middle Tennessee Chapter, member since 2012