Finance Certificate program!
Complete half of the requirements for the Legal Management Finance Specialist Certificate Program. The best part? The courses are already included in your conference registration dollars (a $479-$599 value). Then, finish up the course work with ALA’s FM2: Financial Information and Analysis e-learning course. Learn more about the certificate program in the e-learning section of ALA’s website.
These six, 90-minute courses are spread throughout each day of the conference. Through case studies, lectures, videos, readings and exams, you will be guided to evaluate presented resources in relation to your professional experiences and apply effective financial decision-making skills. Topics include general accounting; banking and investment; trust accounting; payroll, taxes and reporting; legal organization structures; and special accounting issues.
New Idea Exchange!
Idea Exchanges are scheduled throughout conference, including the brand new Secretarial Support Strategies Idea Exchange, so check the schedule to find the one(s) you don't want to miss.
Virtual Conference: Select sessions will be broadcast via simulcast. Learn more.
CLM® Application Track
Attendees can earn all 10 hours of General Education Requirements for taking the Certified Legal Manager exam.
Communications and Organizational Management (CM).
Financial Management (FM)
Human Resources Management (HR)
Legal Industry/Business Management (LI)
Operations Management (OM)
Answers to Today's Issues and Tomorrow's Challenges
Choose from more than 80 education sessions in five key legal management areas: Communications and Organizational Management, Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Operations Management/IT, and Legal Industry/Business Management.
Thursday, May 3, 2018
- CM11: Leadership: Do Men and Women Do It Differently?
- LI13: Using Design Thinking for Innovation in Legal Services
- LI15: A Law Firm's Competitive Edge: Writing Effective Business Continuity Plans
Friday, May 4, 2018
- CM20: Building Trust and Respect in the Law Firm Through Understanding Behavior Styles
- FM24: Tax Update: Legislative Developments and Tax Planning for Law Firms and Attorneys
- HR21: Developing an Associate Marketing Training Program
- HR25: Difficult Conversations with Your Difficult Employees
- LI22: First 400 Days of Trump Administration: Interactive Analysis of Impact on Your Firm and Real Estate
- OM20: Preventing Workplace Violence: Managing the Troubled Employee
- OM22: Why Today’s Impatient, Impulsive and Intolerant Clients Are Leaving Your Law Firm
Saturday, May 5, 2018
- CM33: What's EQ Got to Do with It: Using Emotional Intelligence to Maximize Everything
- FM32: Legal Project Management: What Lawyers Can Learn From How Accountants Approach Project Management
- HR33: Collision Course: Where Equity, Activism and Policies Intersect
- HR34: The Foundation for Success: Effectively Aligning Performance Management with Total Rewards
- LI30: Aligning Your Stars: Succession Planning for the Administrative Team
- OM33: The Disaster Experience: Putting Business Continuity to the Test