All times listed below are Central time zone. Content and schedule are subject to change.
The one-day Mental Health First Aid Certification Program is being offered on four separate Fridays. Registrants choose one of the following winter 2023 dates:
- Friday, January 13, 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Central Add to calendar
- Friday, January 20, 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Central Add to calendar
- Friday, January 27, 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Central Add to calendar
- Friday, February 3, 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Central Add to calendar
Each class will be provided in a blended format:
- The first portion comprises 2 hours of self-paced, online prework that takes place on an e-learning platform.
- The second portion of the course is a 6.5-hour instructor-led live session held over Zoom.
Information regarded the online prework will be emailed to registrants one week prior to the live session. It will come from Mental Health First Aid Team ([email protected]). This self-paced work is expected to take approximately two hours and must be completed prior to the start of the live session.
Friday Live Session
The live, instructor-led session will run from 9 a.m.–3:30 p.m. and will include a 30-minute break for lunch and 10-minute morning and afternoon breaks. View the MHFA Course Syllabus provided by the National Council for Mental Wellbeing.
Following the conclusion of the live session, attendees will be asked to complete a post-test to obtain their Mental Health First Aid Certification certificate, which is valid for three years.
Continuing Education Credits
This program has been approved for 7.5 CLM credit hours, as follows:
- 2-hour Mental Health First Aid Intro (self-paced): 2 credits
- CLM App category: Organizational Development
- No functional specialist credit
- Recertification category: Communications and Organizational Management (CM)
- Instructor-led portion: 3.5 credits
- CLM App category: None
- Functional Specialist: Human Resources Management
- Recertification category: Human Resources Management
- 1 credit:
- 1 credit:
- Recertification: Substance Abuse
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
ALA is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. For more information please visit the NASBA website.
All winter 2023 sessions of MHFA have been reviewed and approved for 1 hour of Personnel/Human Resources credit. To receive CPE credit, you will need to reach out to [email protected] to receive your NASBA certificate.
HR Certification Institute (HRCI)
ALA is a recognized provider of HRCI recertification credits. All winter 2023 sessions of MHFA have been reviewed and approved for 7.5 hours of HRCI credits. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website.
To receive HRCI credit, you will need to self-report that you have completed the post-test and obtained your certificate. The HRCI codes issued for the 2023 Mental Health First Aid Certification Programs are:
- January 13: 620806
- January 20: 620806
- January 27: 620806
- February 3: 620806
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the activity. It means that this activity has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be preapproved for recertification credit.
Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
ALA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs). All winter 2023 sessions of MHFA have been reviewed and approved for 7.5 hours for SHRM credits. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
To receive SHRM credit, you will need to self-report that you have completed the post-test and obtained your certificate. The SHRM codes issued for the winter 2023 Mental Health First Aid Certification Programs are:
- January 13: 23-NNPV7
- January 20: 23-NNPV7
- January 27: 23-NNPV7
- February 3: 23-NNPV7