#ALAConf23 speakers, we are delighted that you will be joining us for ALA’s 2023 Annual Conference & Expo in Seattle, Washington. Thank you for your participation.
The information on this page will help you prepare for the conference. If you have any questions at any time about your role as a speaker, please contact Kristy Perkins, Head of Programming for ALA’s Annual Conference & Expo at [email protected].
We’re pleased to offer complimentary registration for all 2023 Annual Conference speakers. Please complete your registration by January 20, 2023 by visiting alaannualconf.org/2023-ala-annual-conference-expo-registration/.
Your complimentary full conference registration includes:
- Admittance to the Exhibit Hall
- Access to all general and breakout educational sessions
- Access to online conference speaker materials
- Admittance to the special events — Sunday Welcome Reception, Monday Awards Reception, Tuesday Association Luncheon, Tuesday Exhibit Hall Reception and Wednesday Closing Reception
- Access to conference breakfasts, lunches and refreshment breaks
Deadline: April 7, 2023
Add this Deadline to Your Calendar
- This is the deadline for you to submit PowerPoint slides, papers, and/or other written materials that you wish to be distributed to attendees. It is important that you meet this deadline so participants can preview the handouts or print them prior to traveling to the conference.
- The exception to this is a worksheet(s) or exercise that the participants must complete during the session. These will be copied and in your session room, if you submit them by the deadline. Otherwise, you must copy and ship the handouts to the event at your own expense.
- Can’t meet this deadline? Contact us to discuss further.
How to Submit Your Materials
Email your presentation and any handouts to [email protected].
You will receive a confirmation that your email has been received.
- There will be a laptop, an LCD projector with wireless slide advancer, a screen, lavaliere and handheld mics at your disposal.
- If you plan to use Mac or video in your presentation, please let us know as soon as possible.
ALA Speaker Resources
ALA have curated a variety of resources to help you prepare for your presentation and make the most of your speaking opportunity, including:
- ALA’s presentation standards and policies
- An overview of the ALA audience to understand what they want
- Presentation and session description guidelines
- Tips and best practices
- Common rules for solo and/or panel presentations
- Details on specifications and requirements for presentation materials
- An outline of the evaluation process and more
As part of your preparation to speak at the conference, you will be assigned speaker liaisons from the conference advisory committee. The role of your speaker liaisons is to help you prepare your presentation through a series of prep calls. The calls are an opportunity for you to provide updates on your session planning, to talk through your learning outcomes/key takeaways, and to explore ideas for how to incorporate interactive elements to engage the audience. Your liaisons are legal administration colleagues and peers and represent your target audience; their feedback to your ideas will help solidify your plans for your session.
Additional details to follow.
Getting to Know the #ALAConf23 Speakers
Tell us more about you and your session, submit your answers to a quick Speaker Q&A. Your response will be featured in conference promotions on the website, in social media and emails.
Deadline: January 26, 2023
Thank you again for your participation and we look forward to your presentation!