ALA Volunteer Opportunities
In addition to involvement in your local chapter, have you considered becoming more involved at the international level? Throughout the year,
ALA issues calls for volunteers for various leadership opportunities. Below is a summary of each of those opportunities, with details about how to
express your interest.
ALA is seeking individuals to serve in the following capacities (* Now Accepting Applications):
Expedite the Application Process!
During the application process, you will be asked to:
- Provide basic contact information and a recent high-resolution headshot (300 dpi or greater).
- Share the names and contact information of three individuals with whom you have served in a volunteer capacity within ALA.
- Provide the names and contact information of up to three individuals with whom you have served in a volunteer capacity outside of ALA. (Optional)
- Briefly outline your prior volunteer role(s) within ALA (including service at the chapter level if applicable). Dates of service are also requested.
- Share why you are interested in serving on a committee as well as what skills, traits and/or areas of expertise you have that would benefit the committee or ALA.
- Provide your professional resume.
To expedite the application process, it is recommended that you gather the information above in advance.