Starting this fall, Legal Management published a Continuing Education course. Members and nonmembers can read the article (roughly 3,000 words), then log in to take a test. If you pass with at least 70 percent, you will earn one CE credit hour. The goal is to help CLMs get the credits they need for recertification, but it will also count toward SHRM, HRCI or CPE credit.
The first course, written by Steve Wingert, CLM, covers ethics.
- Define ethics and its importance.
- Describe several systems of ethical thought.
- Identify how ethics are formed at individual and organizational levels.
- Apply the importance of ethics to professions and codes of ethics.
- Identify and describe a framework for ethical decision-making and ethical dilemmas. Give a scenario.
- Provide suggestions for development of organizational ethics.
Read Legal Management online every month at legalmanagement.org.