Lisa R. Wiese, CP, and Crystal R. Ludlow — representing the FirstFive Community — discuss document management topics including simple folder structure and various document management applications.
Office Lease and Design Considerations for 2023 and Beyond presented by Lori Hughes and Cynthia Voth
People Challenges: Communicating with Partners
This roundtable was facilitated by members Suzy Klepac and Daniel Peracchi.
Implementing a Legal Assistant Pool, Part 1
This roundtable was facilitated by Denise Dellaratta, Jean Durling and Karen Sargent.
Implementing a Legal Assistant Pool, Part 2
This Roundtable was facilitated by members Denise Dellaratta, Jean Durling and Karen Sargent.
Assessing the Short- and Long-Term Workplace Model for Your Firm
This roundtable was facilitated by Sharon Meit Abrahams, EdD, President of Legal Talent Advisors LLC, and John Remsen Jr., Founder of the Remsen Group. Meit Abrahams is also an ALA Membership Ambassador and Chair of the South Florida Chapter Programs Committee.
- Do you have a date to return to the office?
- What short-term model will you be using?
- Will that model differ from a long-term model? If so, how?
- What is your remote workplace policy? Will it be different between attorneys and support staff?
- What is your personal feeling about returning to the office? About remote working?
- What are your managing partner’s thoughts about returning to the office? About remote working?
- How will you deal with individuals that don’t want to return to the office?
- Who is enforcing the new rules in the office like one-way hallways, one person in the restroom, etc.? How will the rules be enforced?
Staying Connected to Your Colleagues and Attorneys While Working Remotely
The roundtable was facilitated by Angela Tyson, a member of the Capital Chapter, and Erica Fine, an independent member.
- What are firms doing to keep people connected?
- What are firms doing now that may be different from the initial burst/wave of activities and meetings in the spring and early summer?
- What does the new normal look like both at your firm and in your personal life?
Focus on Returning to the Workplace, Part 1
The roundtable was facilitated by Louise M. Spinelli and Sarah A. DiChiara of the Western and Central New York Chapter.
- Planning process for re-entry
- Phase-in return
- Requirements to return to work
- Policy to incorporate remote workers and/or other policy updates
Focus on Returning to the Workplace, Part 2
The roundtable was facilitated by Dawn H. Anderson, JD, PHR, SPHR, and Laura K. Waterman of the Atlanta Chapter.
- Re-entry of attorneys and paralegals
- Employees that rely on public transit
- Looking at space needs
- Someone presents ill at work
The New Normal with a Focus on Operations
This roundtable was facilitated by Tara Ghannam Binge and Michelle Mahan Smith of the Puget Sound Chapter.
- What kind of communication or communication plan has been instituted in your firm to internally deal with the change in operations due to COVID-19?
- How are you handling the day-to-day deliveries (e.g., standard mail, FedEx, coffee and refreshments for the office, etc.)?
- What procedure have you put in place regarding handling internal self-reported cases of COVID-19?
Keeping Employees Engaged and Maintaining Firm Culture in a Virtual Workplace
The roundtable was facilitated by Denise Gaskin, PhD, MS, a member of the Professional Development Advisory Committee (PDAC), and Gail Reysa of the Greater Los Angeles Chapter.
- Using technology to build engagement
- Maintaining firm culture with partially or fully remote staff
Remote Working: Is It Here to Stay?
The roundtable was facilitated by Stacey J. Ransleben, CLM, a member of the Chapter Resource Team and the Houston Chapter, and Jessica L. VanTroost, a member of the Membership Development Committee and the Jacksonville Chapter.
- Alternative work-from-home options going forward
- Office space/rental structure
- Client response to law firms working from home
Short- and Long-Term Effects of a Hybrid Workforce
Are You Ready for the New Hybrid Workplace?
The roundtable was facilitated by Kevin S. Lee, JD, MDiv, a member of the Chapter Resource Team and the Silicon Valley Chapter. He invited several other members with different perspectives and from different parts of the country to serve as cofacilitators: Sarah E. Cramer of the Greater Kansas City Chapter, Chernice Dieudonne of the Atlanta Chapter, Donna Moser of the Oregon Chapter, Mary L. Randolph of the Capital Chapter and Louise M. Spinelli of the Western and Central New York Chapter.