Call for Presentations
ALA’s conferences fuel the development and advancement of legal industry professionals by providing both proven solutions and innovative thinking in an inviting and exciting environment.
NEXT OPEN CALL SCHEDULED FOR FALL 2018Conference attendees connect with talented, diverse and engaged presenters and colleagues who share their experience and expertise generously. Attendees include business management professionals in private law firms, corporate and government legal departments, and non-profit legal aid agencies.
We are seeking your creative participation in designing conferences that optimize learning by providing the very best, high-level, relevant and thought-provoking ideas pertinent to the legal administration profession.
Proposals will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Is the topic innovative and relevant?
- Has the presenter(s) received positive ratings in the past?
- Will the session appeal to seasoned administrators and managing partners?
- Is the session well organized and designed to meet the needs of this particular audience?
- Is the learning format new? Does it involve participants in meaningful application activities?
- All speakers at ALA conferences are required to agree to ALA’s educational content policy. (See submission and Selection Process.)
- Learn about the submission and selection process
- Create an account
- Add your bio
- Add your co-presenters
- Submit your presentations for proposal
- Wait for an answer
- Presentations cannot be sales pitches.
- We purposely strive to present conference education that is diverse in nature so that it enriches the learning experience for our members.
- All speakers at ALA conferences are required to agree to ALA’s educational content policy. The policy makes clear that educational content presented by the speaker at an ALA conference becomes the property of ALA. Speakers will grant ALA a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license to capture, live stream, record, use and archive Speaker’s presentation and handout materials (collectively “Speaker Property”) in any manner ALA deems appropriate including, but not limited to, the reproduction, translation, distribution, creation of derivative works, and display on the internet of all or any excerpt of Speaker Property, with ALA retaining the proceeds derived from such distribution and use of Speaker Property. The speaker also agrees to work directly with the company performing these services for ALA, if any, and understands that the sale of Speaker Property by ALA is primarily for the educational benefit of ALA’s membership and not for monetary gain; and therefore, there is no royalty arrangement between Speaker and ALA.
2018 Regional Legal Management Conferences
East: Regions 1, 2, 3 — September 13-15, 2018, Palmer House Hilton, Chicago, IL
West: Regions 4, 5, 6 — October 18-20, 2018, Hilton, Austin, TX
2018 Intellectual Property Conference for Legal Professionals
September 26-27, 2018, Capital Hilton, Washington, DC
2019 Annual Conference & Expo
April 14-17, 2019, Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, Grapevine, TX