HR31 Problematic Partners: Handling Underperformance and Misbehaviors
Dr. Sharon Meit Abrahams and Joseph Altonji
No matter the size, every firm has their problem partners. Call them naughty, negative or ne’er-do-wells, they are a nightmare to rehabilitate. Join this interactive session for best practices in creating a process that manages partner performance and behaviors in a way that supports partner rehabilitation and addresses performance issues in a positive and effective manner. Examine what is behind poor performance or misbehavior, how to clarify partner objectives, establish accountability and learn the keys to implementing a specific plan and timetable for managing underperformers or improving behavior.
Recorded at the 2016 ALA Annual Conference, Los Angeles, California
Please log in to view video.
- Identify how to use coaching and career transitioning to solve underperformance issues
- Determine how to handle partners that behave badly through critical conversations
- Explain how to identify when bad behavior becomes misconduct and what to do about it
- Examine what you can’t do or say when dealing with underperformers and misbehavior
- Discuss what to document during the improvement process