Monthly spotlights of significant diversity highlights and tips for how you can celebrate them in your workplace.
- January - A Day On, Not a Day Off, by Sarah Clark, CLM – McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter
- February - Remembering Black History, by John Jakovenko CLM; edited by Ruth Fry, Saul Ewing LLP
- March - Why Celebrate Women's History Month, by Jenniffer A. Brown – Weiner, Millo, Morgan & Bonanno, LLC
- April – Arab in America, by Shari Tivy – Bowman and Brooke LLP
- May – Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, by Robert G. Stevens, MA, CLM, SPHR –
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, PS
- June – LGBT Pride Month, by Robert G. Stevens, CLM
- July – Celebrate July Tell the Story of Your America, by Jenniffer A. Brown – Weiner, Millo, Morgan & Bonanno, LLC
- September – National Hispanic Heritage Month, by Marina Field – Kennedy & Souza, APC
- October – The Silver Anniversary of the ADA, by Carianne Reggio – Orange County Public Schools
- October – National Coming Out Day by Robert G. Stevens, MA, CLM, SPHR –
Bennett Bigelow &
- November – Celebrate Native American Heritage Month, by Denise J. Abston –
Fenton Fenton Smith
Reneau & Moon
- December – Universal Human Rights by Phil Harmon, CPA – Legal Aid Society of Cincinnati
Tools and Resources:
- "Directing Next Level Diversity." Zach Warren. Inside Counsel, June 2015.
- "Caitlyn Jenner raises awareness, questions about transgender people." Managing the Office, Law Office Manager.
- "Rooting Out Hidden Bias." Dana Wilkie. Society for Human Resource Management, December 1, 2014.
- "The Demographics of Equity An Update." NALP Bulletin, February 2013.
- "Motivating Lawyers to Move from Activity to Impact: The Intersection of Professional Development and Diversity," Kristine L. McKinney and Ann Rainhart. Law Practice Today, May 2013.
- "Diversity in Law: Minority and Women Statistics." RMN Global Search, July 16, 2013.
- "The Best Law Firms for Diversity (2014)," David Lat. Above the Law blog, August 2, 2013.
- "Solving the Diverse Talent Pipeline Conundrum," Angela Johnson Meadows. Diversity Best Practices, August 6, 2013.
- "Law Firm Leaders Explore What Millennial Lawyers Think About Diversity and Inclusion." Your ABA, September 2013.
Must Read Reports
Substantive reporting and analysis of industry trends, best practices, and recommendations to help you advance
diversity and inclusion in your law office.
Legal Management Articles