Announcing Changes to the ALA Awards Program
Earlier this year the ALA Board of Directors appointed a task force to evaluate the Association’s Awards Program. This task force has submitted a variety of recommendations for Board consideration, including:
- Retiring the Founders Award
- Developing one volunteer body to oversee the granting of all awards offered by the Association
- Transitioning the Quest Award to the NextGen Leader Award and enhancing the criteria to allow any member that meets the years of experience required to be eligible, including independent members
- Creating standardized score sheets for the Elevate, IDEA, and NextGen Leader awards to provide consistent and clear logic when identifying recipients
- Enhancing the Presidents’ Award of Excellence program to include an optional component focused on diversity and inclusion efforts
All of these recommendations were recently reviewed by the Board of Directors and approved. Some will be implemented as part of the current awards cycle while others, namely changes to the Presidents’ Award of Excellence program, will not go in effect until the next cycle.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.