2023 Dues Increase
ALA has been the premier professional association connecting leaders and managers in the legal industry since 1971. So much has changed in the past few years in the world and in this industry, in particular. In order to continue to provide you with the most value and best experience, ALA individual dues will increase slightly for the membership term beginning January 1, 2023 — the first dues increase in seven years. We remain committed to maintaining the highest level of membership value to help you succeed your legal management career.
ALA is continuously listening to you and working to exceed your expectations. Here are only some of the member-favorite products, programs and services introduced recently:
- New Online Community and App with more special interest groups, easy navigation, direct messaging and video
- Membership Ambassador Program where seasoned members help ALA welcome new members
- Elevate! Online Learning Platform brings education to you how and when you want it
- Education Hub App highlights educational opportunities and events from ALA, chapters and other resources
- Mental Health and First Aid Certificate Program has fast become an ALA favorite
- Monthly Meetups, Hangouts and Roundtables to support virtual connections and networking
- Legal Management Talk Podcasts, not only in audio, but now also in video
- Improved Website Search, delivering results from Legal Management, the Online Community and alanet.org
- ALA in a Minute video vignettes quickly show you how to make the most of select features, benefits or resources
- Legal Management Fundamentals is a reboot of Law Firm Management Essentials, a program for those in their first five years of their legal management career
- Accessible versions of Legal Management digital and print are now available with an audio option
Read more about ALA membership features, benefits and services.
2023 Individual Dues Table
|Individual Dues Rates by Employer/Business Type||Full Year Dues||Midyear Dues|
|Professionals – U.S.1||$419||$439||$249||$269|
|Professionals – International1||$319||$339||$189||$199|
|Nonprofit Professionals – U.S.2||$219||$229||$129||$139|
|Nonprofit Professionals – International2||$219||$229||$129||$139|
1 Professionals/Full rate: Law firms, Consultants, Corporate law departments, Private colleges/universities
2 Nonprofit Professionals/Reduced rate: Courts, Judicial offices, Government offices, Nonprofit organizations, Public colleges/universities
The Organizational Pricing dues model is based on number of attorneys at the firm worldwide and is an option for the smallest to the largest organization. Small firms with one ALA member can also benefit from this dues structure. Open enrollment for current ALA members in the 2023 term ends on September 30! Learn more.
Any questions? Please contact [email protected].