Foundation of ALA Student Legal Career Scholarship Application
Supplemental Materials Required for Application
In addition to this application, the following materials are required to qualify for consideration:
- Official copy of your college/university transcript
- Proof of acceptance into an accredited four-year college or university
- Two letters of recommendation
Before You Begin
Please note that if you leave or close this application before submitting, your progress will not be saved. To make your application process easier, gather all of the required information before you begin filling out the application.
The online application will ask you for the following:
- Your contact information and college/university
- Your major
- Written responses:
- Why did you choose your field of study?
- Essay (500 words maximum)
- Describe your personal goals.
- Why do you have a strong desire to pursue a career in legal?
- How do you plan to pursue those goals with this scholarship?
- Your extracurricular activities, leadership roles and community service. (You may upload your résumé to provide information.)
- Summary of any financial aid you've been awarded so far (a list of each scholarship/loan received and the amount awarded).