Business of Law Discussions
Legal Management reports on topics within ALA’s five knowledge areas:
Legal Industry/Business Management | Human Resources Management | Financial Management | Communication and Organizational Management | Operations Management
Legal Management is a Folio Award Finalist and an Apex Award Winner.
Clients need to know what to expect when a law firm engages them in business. “Putting the terms of the engagement in writing helps avoid confusion, spells out responsibilities, expectations and clarifies — for all parties — what will and will not be done,” says author Paula Tsurutani. It’s a matter of ensuring good business for the law firm and a sense of value for the client. It’s important for risk-management, too. Learn more about the basics of writing the letter, how it can make your firm more profitable and how the firm can use it as a marketing tool.
Read More (Requires Login)
Also In This Issue:
- ALA Faces: Members on the move and more
- At ALA: Membership information, award opportunities and other need-to-know information
- Big Ideas: ALA President Paula Barnes discusses pending bylaws changes related to membership
- Industry News: Facts and stats
- Tips and Trends: Six questions to ask about professional development
when considering outsourcing
- BP Perspective: Marketplace realities continue to transform the legal workplace
- Millennial Mouthpiece: Adult learning: how do we learn?
- High Tech: New products for law firms
- Communication and Organizational Management: How to hold productive meetings at the law firm
- Operations Management: Law firms gradually embrace telecommuting
- Test Drive: New tech from CES 2015
Legal Management Archive
Having trouble downloading or viewing the issue? Want to learn more about the publication's features and capabilities? Download our Frequently Asked Questions document or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a one-on-one tutorial.