|FM01 - Financial Management|
FM01 Tax and Financial Update: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
|Thursday, August 9, 2012, 2:45 PM - 4:00 PM|
Law firms of all sizes are facing significant changes to their business models, including increased competition, client fee pressures and navigating through complex tax issues. Join this session to examine the most critical developments in tax law and regulations, outlining both the requirements for compliance and the impact on your reporting practices. Get the help you need to enhance your financial reporting and effectively manage tax planning and compliance in your firm.
• Examine best practices in financial management
• Identify trends in law firm financial reporting
• Discuss the metrics and financial analyses that can assist management in its critical decision-making process
• Determine how to navigate through the administrative burden of tax compliance and reporting
• List potential changes in federal and state tax matters
Judith H. Meguire, CPA, is Tax Partner in the Private Client Group at Baker Tilly, Chicago. She focuses her tax practice on individuals and professional services firms. Previously, Meguire spent more than 30 years with top-tier international accounting firms, most recently as a leader of a private wealth and tax advisory practice.
John T. Niehoff, CPA, is Baker Tilly's Partner-in- Charge of the Professional Services practice, leading the firmwide strategy for providing exceptional client service to law firms and other professional service businesses. He has extensive experience assisting law firms with specialized advisory projects tailored to achieve their financial objectives.
Attendees should have a working knowledge of current tax law.