Welcome from 2018 Annual Conference & Expo Chair
Dear friends and colleagues,
On behalf of the 2018 Annual Conference Committee, I encourage you to make plans now to attend the 2018 Annual Conference & Expo at the beautiful Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland. The Conference will take place from Thursday, May 3 through Sunday, May 6, 2018.
ALA aims to advance the concept of inclusiveness and acceptance, so we help one another succeed. The 2018 Annual Conference & Expo is an opportunity to deepen our relationships and learn from one another, bringing together legal management professionals and business partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and job responsibilities.
The 2018 Annual Conference is already shaping up to be a memorable event that includes exceptional resources, outstanding education, and fun networking events including:
- Keynote speaker John Quiñones, an “ABC News” correspondent and currently the host of “What Would You Do?”
- General session speaker Vernice Armour, the first African-American female combat pilot in the U.S. Armed Forces
- A Legal Management Finance Specialist Certificate track that includes a series of six Financial Management courses that complete the requirements for FM 1 ― the first half of the education requirements for the certificate ― at no additional cost
- The Exhibit Hall, an outstanding opportunity to interact with our business partners and learn about their services, products and expertise
- A Thursday evening “Special” Welcome Reception that will give you the opportunity to reunite with old friends, interact with business partners, and network with other legal managers
I look forward to seeing you in National Harbor where we can celebrate diversity, embrace opportunities and overcome challenges!
Richard J. Nigon, CLM
2018 Annual Conference & Expo
Conference Committee Chair