Chapter Leadership Institute
July 20-22, 2017
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
Who Should Attend?
Each chapter is encouraged to send one or more chapter leaders to CLI. Everyone who attends will find value in the sessions being offered. Ideal participants include:
- Chapter's President-Elect
- New chapter officers
- Current chapter officers who have not previously attended CLI
- Individuals interested in becoming a chapter officer.
The full event agenda will be released in June. For planning purposes, ALA hosts a Welcome Reception Thursday evening. CLI will officially get underway Friday morning and conclude Saturday evening. Participants should plan to travel home on Sunday.
Please Note: ALA’s Board of Directors and Regional Representatives should plan to arrive by no later than 3 p.m. on Thursday.
- Registration: $499/attendee
- Room Rate at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis: $199/night plus tax
- Note: This group rate is available until June 28, 2017 or until the ALA room block is full.
- Several options exist for ground transportation. Visit the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis website for more details.
- Inquiries regarding course offerings should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration and/or hotel queries should be directed to email@example.com.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALA’s Chapter Leadership Institute (CLI) is an orientation, training and networking event for chapter officers and volunteer leaders. The ALA Board of Directors has determined that chapters will no longer automatically receive a complimentary registration and a travel stipend for one representative to attend this event. Instead, with the understanding that each chapter’s financial situation is different, the Board has set aside funds to assist those chapters who need assistance with the cost and will consider one funding application per chapter based on the financial need.
The deadline to apply for funding assistance was May 8, 2017. Decisions will be communicated to all applicants by June 1, 2017.
Questions regarding this opportunity should be directed to email@example.com.
Please Note: Only applications for the chapter’s primary representative are being considered. As in prior years, all secondary chapter representatives should be funded by the chapter.
Susan French Emerging Leader Scholarship
The Foundation of ALA provides scholarships to ALA members who want to develop their leadership skills through its educational offerings.
Selected recipients are required to write an article detailing how the scholarship benefited them. They may also be asked to be featured in additional Foundation of ALA and Association of Legal Administrators publications or marketing materials.
Access the Susan French Emerging Leader Scholarship Application to apply for funding. Applications are due 60 days prior to the event start date (May 21, 2017).
Questions regarding this program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALA encourages its Business Partners to get involved in this high-impact ALA event, featuring leaders from across ALA’s 94 chapters. Any Business Partner interested in CLI sponsorship or other opportunities should visit the ALA Business Partner Portal, or contact Robert Leighton, Manager, Business Development at 847-267-1375.