HR 2 Course: Performance Management & Compensation
Completing both HR 1 and HR 2 courses gives you access to the Legal Management HR Specialist Certificate Program. Click the link to learn more.
Maximize your learning and enhance your problem-solving skills in this facilitated online, scenario-based course that covers developing strategic and operational goals among personnel at a law firm. This course takes a deeper dive on Human resources issues and builds upon items discussed in our HR 1 course. Included are case studies, lectures, readings and assessments to maximize your knowledge base and enrich your problem-solving skills. Termination procedures, employee handbooks, training, motivational techniques, incentives, and substance abuse are covered. Upon completion, you should be able to anticipate and resolve a variety of human resource concerns. The schedule is:
- Week 1: Appraisal & Disciplinary Procedures
- Week 2: Employee Handbooks
- Week 3: Training & Development
- Week 4: Motivational Techniques
- Week 5: Incentives & Rewards
- Week 6: Substance Abuse
The live WebEx lessons will be held on Thursdays from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Central Time.
These lessons will also be recorded for on-demand access.
Meet minimum course requirements and earn credits towards your CLM application or recertification requirements:
- CLM Application: 2 hours in Writing Skills, 2 hours in Communication Skills and 2 hours in Organizational Development
- Functional Specialist: 18 hours in HR
- CLM Recertification: 18 hours in HR, includes 1 hour of Substance Abuse
Continuing Education Credits
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The Association of Legal Administrators is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program has been approved for 6 PDCs.
HR Certification Institute (HRCI)
The HR 2 Course has been pre-approved for 6 hours of recertification credits toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the activity. It means that this activity has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Registration is still open!
To register, click on the Register Now button.
The registration period for this course will close on May 11, 2018.
All cancellations must be made in writing and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After registration but prior to 50% penalty date: $125 fee
- Four weeks before start of the course: 50% of fee paid
- Two weeks before the start of the course and thereafter: No refund